THE SHOOTOUT: ILIRA


Inspired by an ecclectic array of artists from all genres, ILIRA's debut, 'Whisper My Name', demonstrates promise and potential. Meanwhile the video, dropped this morning, is a playful blast of pastel pink and sunflower yellow. The Kosovo-Albanian has a stellar career ahead of her, so we invited her to The Rodeo for a quick chat.

1.Biggest musical influence?
Britney Spears, Nirvana, Rihanna

2. Describe your sound in 3 words...
Glittery urban pop

3. Favourite thing to do after playing a show?
Eating! I always end up eating a burger and fries. I just love junk food - everything that is fried.

4. Dream artist to tour with?
My absolute dream would be to tour with Rihanna, she's been one of my major influences ever since I was a little girl.

5. If you weren't in music, what do you think you would be doing?
Honestly, I don t know cause I was never good at anything besides music. 

6. What's the best city you've visited/spent time in?
Definitely Berlin! It's a great place to live when you're broke and a weirdo.
It's a diverse city that makes everyone feel welcome and accepted.

7. What's the best movie you've watched this year?
I know I'm a little bit late, but I watched "The Trueman Show" for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I instantly loved it.

8. What's you ideal cocktail?
That would be a bizarre yet delicious mixture of Bombay-Gin with vanilla milkshake and salted caramel ice cream.

9. What's your ultimate goal for your musical career?
To be making music for as long as I live.

10. If you could take credit for one song, which would it be?
"All I Want For Christmas" by Mariah because of those royalties, damn!

Check out the video for 'Whisper My Name' here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM1T6VjmWyI

Comments