THE SHOOTOUT: YESSICA WOAHNEIL



Another day, another 'Shootout', this time with folk rock youngster, Yessica Woahneil, who's going on tour this month!

1. Tell us your most interesting story from gigging...

My favourite gigging experience was performing at a music festival in Fredericton New Brunswick (Flourish Festival). It was such a great community to be welcomed into. I'm leaving for my first tour in a month and I'm sure I'll have some interesting stories upon return.

2. Best part of being an artist...
Getting to meld all the intricacies and moments of your existence into something tangible that you can share.

3. And the worst?
...haven't found one yet.

4. If you could take credit for one song what would it be?
Happy you asked.... Mitski's song ‘Nobody’ from her new album Be the Cowboy. This track has been fueling much singing and dancing in my life as of lately. Additionally, it seems to be the anthem for my UK tour planning sessions with my friend/tour mate Megan Arnold (https://shhhmusic.bandcamp.com/)

5. Best movie you've watched recently?
Darren Aronofsky's film Mother!

6. If you weren't in a band, what would you all hope to be doing?
When I'm not playing music, I'm nursing. (slightly different!)

7. What's your biggest musical guilty pleasure?

I'll just leave this right here... 
8. Describe your sound in 3 words...
Frantic folky mess.

9. Any pre-show rituals?
Always coffee and treats.

10. Ideal choice of milkshake?
No milkshakes for me unfortunately...

Catch Yessica on tour this month:
Sept 25 - eBar (Guelph, ON)
Sept 29 - Baker's Dozen (London, ON)
Oct 20 - The Wee Red Bar
 (Edinburgh, UK)
Oct 21 - The Old Hairdressers (Glasgow, UK)
Oct 23 - Fuel Cafe Bar (Manchester, UK)
Oct 24 - The Steam Packet (Norwich, UK)
Oct 25 - Lion Coffee + Records (London, UK)




Comments